Wednesday, March 12, 2008

You Stole My Chili Cheese Fritos!!!


Here is good ol' tommy, getting tossed from a spring training game.  Now I don't know if he thought the umpire ate his meatball sub before the game or if he wanted to get tossed to get to the buffet before everyone else, but c'mon.  ITS SPRING TRAINING!  On another note, I have hated Tommy Lasorda for over ten years now.  It all began on that summer afternoon at Chavez Ravine.  Forty minutes to the 1:05 start, and somehow or another I am sitting on the dugout watching players warm up.   I notice Tommy signing a few autographs right in front of me, so I say "tommy!" and roll my baseball down to him for a signature.  Below you will find a full transcription of how that turned out:

Me:  "tommy!" (rolling baseball down dugout)
Tommy:  Hey!  You don't do that!!! I know these people!!! Gotta have more respect!
Me:  (blank stares)
Tommy:  I'm only doing this this one time, you hear me?
Me: Um, ok.  

Now, I wish I had a few more years under my belt, but I was 10 years old.   I would have taken that baseball, thrown it at his melon, and told him to fuck off.  

No comments: